Receiving the Love of God: Worship is offering to God our praise, gifts, and prayers. It is also receiving God’s love and direction for our lives, enabling us to leave worship committed to living our lives obediently so that we might see the Kingdom of God “on earth as it is in heaven.”
Growing in the Love of God: Discipleship is living our lives as Christ directs. As we grow in God’s love through prayer, study, and Christian fellowship we grow in the knowledge of Jesus’ teaching and life, and mature in our understanding of his will for our lives.
Sharing the Love of God: Compassion is allowing God to help us recognize the needs of others, then taking action to help. We allow the Holy Spirit to inspire, enable, and humble us so that we become the hands of God, sharing God’s love, grace, and mercy in its various forms.
What Nazarene’s Believe
These are the beliefs we hold to be true in the Church of the Nazarene:
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
You can find more information about our
denomination at www.nazarene.org