The Baptism of Fire
Date: October 6th, 2019
Scripture: Luke 3:16-17; Ephesians 3:14-20
Big Idea: The Holy Spirit brings life, counsel, guidance, teaching, peace, anointing, blessing, conviction, repentance, regeneration, deliverance, (em)power(ment), heart/soul/mind/strength winning, equipping, and glory to Christ & His Bride.
1. – The Holy Spirit is more than a power or something that is mentioned in the doxology or in a ritual. He is the Third Person of the Trinity. He is God.
2. – He has a specific ministry that is often described using symbols to help us understand our need of Him
3. – You need His personal ministry and work in your life
4. – He is called the breath of God or the one who brings life
5. – He is the counselor to teach, guide, and help you understand so that you can experience personally all the Father has promised you as a believer
6. – He descended like a dove to demonstrate the comfort and peace He brings
7. – He is like oil symbolizing the anointing and blessing He gives you in doing the works that the Lord has prepared for you to do
8. – His work is to convict you of sin, bring you to repentance, regenerate and deliver you form the power and dominion of sin
9. – He is the Spirit of Holiness
10. – He helps prepare our hearts to be a living sacrifice so that He can purify your heart and mind from inbred sin and carnality so that you are a vessel of honor
11. – He is like fire because He purifies your spirit, soul and body
12. – He equips and empowers you to do the good, pleasing and perfect will of God
13. – He is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond what you could ever ask or think in order to bring glory in His church and to Christ Jesus.
FRIDAY FOCUS: See this week’s e-Newsletter for the Pastor’s Letter (Updated every Wednesday/Thursday)
Bible Study Tips: GROW
Get the main point. Prayerfully read the passage for the main point.
Reflect on how this main point applies to your life.
Offer yourself to God. Ask him for the strength to apply the main point to your life, whether you need to flee from sin, seek our forgiveness or reconciliation, or perform acts of love.
Witness this change in your life in a specific way. Determine one action you can perform this week that will put into practice the change God is calling you to embrace.